Simple. Affordable. Frank.
At Frank, we offer affordable health insurance tailored to your needs that won’t break the bank, like Entry Hospital (Basic+). Need extras like dental and optical? We've got you covered too.
* The price shown is per week and applies to a Single, aged 30, living in VIC. It excludes LHC loading and includes a Base Tier Government Rebate
|Extras services (when included on cover)|
|All extras benefits except as specified below.
Waiting Period: 2 Months
|Optical, home and domestic aids and medical aids.
Waiting Period: 6 months
|Major dental services (including full & partial dentures, orthodontics, crown & bridgework, endodontic services such as root canal, gold fillings, indirect restorations, surgical extractions of a tooth/teeth including wisdom teeth).
Waiting Period: 12 Months
|Health appliances including nebuliser pump, blood glucose monitor, pressure garments, sleep apnoea monitor, extremity pump, hearing aids, orthopaedic appliances (GMHBA approved), prostheses (GMHBA approved non-surgical), tens monitor, podiatry surgical procedures and orthotic appliances (foot).
Waiting Period: 12 Months
|Hospital services (when included on cover)|
|Accidents - bodily injuries resulting from accidents which occur after the date of joining GMHBA or upgrading to a higher cover.
Waiting Period: No
|Obstetrics and maternity.
Waiting Period: 12 months
|Pre-existing ailment, illness or condition (other than psychiatric, rehabilitation and palliative care).
Waiting Period: 12 months
|Any other benefit for hospital (or hospital substitution) treatment.
Waiting Period: 2 months
A pre-existing condition is one where signs or symptoms of your ailment, illness or condition, in the opinion of a medical practitioner appointed by GMHBA (not your own doctor), existed at any time during the six months preceding the day on which you purchased your hospital insurance or upgraded to a higher level of hospital cover and/or benefit entitlement.
A special waiting period applies to obtain benefits for hospital treatment for new members who have pre-existing conditions. The waiting period also applies to existing members who have recently upgraded their level of hospital cover. If the ailment, illness or condition is considered pre-existing:
New members must wait 12 months for any hospital benefits (other than psychiatric, rehabilitation and palliative care).
Existing members (transferring or upgrading)
Members transferring/upgrading to a higher hospital cover must wait 12 months to get the higher hospital benefits (other than psychiatric, rehabilitation and palliative care).
Existing members (with at least 12 months membership)
Existing members with at least 12 months membership in total across their old and new cover are entitled to the lower benefits on their old cover.
Silver Hospital cover provides the same single room coverage as Gold Hospital, but co-payments of $100 per day up to a maximum of $700 per admission apply. Co-payments are not the same as hospital excess. Please note: Some private hospitals only have single rooms and co-payments will apply.
Co-payments do not apply.
What is private health insurance?
Private health insurance has two flavours:
- Hospital cover - When you need to be admitted to the hospital.
- Extras cover - For stuff like chiro, physio, dental & optical.
At Frank, we get that private health insurance can be a chunk of your budget. The cost of cover versus peace of mind is a personal call. You need to ask yourself: Do I wait it out on a public waiting list or can I afford a private hospital?
How could Frank make health insurance cheaper?
- We focus on just doing health insurance
- Mix & Match: Choose what you need, hospital or extras or both.
- Basic hospital cover: Simple, no-frills hospital cover that won't break the bank.
- Not for profit: So we think of members instead of shareholders
Why do you need health insurance?
A few good reasons to get covered:
- You could get a discount: There’s a discount on hospital cover for eligible under 30’s
- Getting older? Avoid the future fees of Lifetime Health Cover (LHC) loading by taking out Private Hospital Insurance from the year you turn 31 .
- Growing wiser: You've got a bit older and realised you're not invincible. A bit of health cover for those "just in case" moments sounds pretty good.
- Family first: Make sure your loved ones are covered when life throws a curveball.
How can you get cheap private health insurance?
Listen up to Frank's budget-buddy tips...
- Skip the fluff: Look for products that don't include things you may not need, like pregnancy, or cataracts. If your not sure what you need, contact us and we can talk through what you may need.
- Know your needs: If you're all about affordability and not fussed about the details, check out Frank's cheapest covers, Accident Only (Basic) and Entry Hospital (Basic+).
Need more info? Keep reading below.
- Benefits Of Having Private Hospital Cover. What Are They?
- What Should Couples Look For When Taking Out Cheap Private Health Insurance?
- How does dental cover work?
- What cheap extras health insurance cover can benefit both your health, and your wallet?
- Where do I find the greatest value cheap health insurance for singles?
- Cheap Health Insurance for Families
- Do you have large dental bills – let Frank help cover you!
- What cheap health insurance plan will cover me for optical expenses?