To make staying healthy easy as, Frank has introduced new telehealth ancillary benefits for a wide range of services as part of our COVID-19 member support package.
With social distancing measures in place, it’s important that our members can receive the treatment they need at this time. Telehealth consultations are safe, effective and give members continuity of care from the safety of their homes.
Telehealth services available
In line with your level of cover, Frank members with extras cover can access benefits for telehealth consultations for:
Antenatal and postnatal classes
Diabetes education consultations
Approved quit smoking programs
Weight management programs
All telehealth benefits have been extended and will be available until 31 March 2021, but we'll continue to assess the pandemic situation to determine if we will extend this date.
No out of pocket physio with Kieser
Access to Kieser Konnect app
Frank members will also have free access to Kieser Konnect, to participate in specialised strength and conditioning programs at home. Your program in the app can be personalised following a telehealth consultation with a Kieser physiotherapist.
Claiming for telehealth services via HICAPS
Frank members can claim for telehealth services at the end of a consultation through HICAPS. To do this, advise your provider of your 19-digit Frank member card number.
The member card number is essential for your provider to be able to key your claim into HICAPS.
Physiotherapy at home with Geelong Physiotherapy
Telehealth and face-to-face physiotherapy consultations with no out of pocket costs up to your annual limits will also be available to Frank members in partnership with Geelong Physiotherapy. This is available for both local Geelong members, as well as our members outside of Geelong.
Telehealth and Frank FAQs
Frank will pay benefits towards the following services for telehealth consultations:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy with a speech pathologist
- Exercise physiology
- Antenatal and postnatal classes
- Weight management programs
- Approved quit smoking programs
- Diabetes education consultations
- You’ll be able to claim for a telehealth consultation up to your annual limits, as long as you’re already covered for the service and you’ve served the relevant waiting periods.
- You can check which services you’re covered for by logging into the member area.
- A telehealth consultation will only be provided where it is safe and clinically appropriate, so please check with your provider to see if this is something they're able to do.
- Benefits for telehealth services have been extended and will be available until 31 March 2021, however we'll continue to assess the pandemic situation to determine if we need to extend this date.
You can claim for telehealth services at the end of your consultation through HICAPS. To do this, you will need to advise your provider of your 19-digit Frank member card number.
Another option is to pay for the service up front and then lodge your claim for benefits to be paid back into your nominated bank account. You can lodge your claim:
- Online via the member area
- Using our online photo claiming tool – contact us to obtain access to this
- Email your claim through to us
All other extras claiming rules still apply as they would for standard extras claims.
Yes, it is up to the provider to determine the appropriate method for delivering telehealth services, and Frank will pay benefits towards services provided by both videoconference and telephone.
If you’ve already been seeing a particular health service provider regularly, check with them first to see whether they’re able to offer a telehealth consultation for your next appointment.
If you’re looking for a new health service provider offering telehealth consultations, use one of the search tools below to help connect you with telehealth providers across the country
The cost should not be more than what you normally pay, but ask your health care provider about fees and charges for telehealth services.
After you’ve reached your annual limits for a particular extras service on your policy, you will no longer be able to claim benefits for that service.