Frank digital platforms and the services offered through these digital platforms (site”) are provided by GMHBA Limited (ABN 98 004 417 092) trading as Frank Health Insurance (“Frank”) complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to ensure that your personal and sensitive information including health information is protected. References to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ are references to Frank on behalf of GMHBA.
By using our digital platforms (includes our Frank website, member area and mobile app), you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
The information provided on our digital platform is for general purposes only and should not be relied upon for membership or policy-specific information.
- View the material on our digital platforms
- Access material contained on our digital platforms
- Use our digital platforms in any other way that is permitted by this licence or these terms
You may only download and use any material contained on our digital platforms:
- for a temporary purpose (such as viewing offline); or
- for the purpose of transacting business with Frank; or
- as a personal record of business which you have transacted with Frank; and
- for no other purpose
Collection of information via our digital platforms
When you first visit any of our digital platforms (such as but not limited to our website and mobile app), information about your computer or web device is automatically recorded. This includes your IP address, your top-level domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages you accessed or downloaded, the address of the last site you visited, your operating system and the type of browser used.
This information is collected for statistical and administrative purposes, and to improve our web-based services. It does not readily identify individuals, and we will not attempt to identify individuals from the records our server generates unless it is necessary to do so for law enforcement purposes.
We use a third-party service to collect general information about how people use our digital platforms. This anonymous information is aggregated and doesn’t reveal personally identifiable information about anyone who uses our digital platforms.
Your personal information
We collect personal and sensitive information including health information on our website and via our other digital platforms to assist us in providing services to you. The type of personal and sensitive information including health information we collect about you depends on how you use our website and digital platforms.
For example, personal information is collected when you:
- complete the Frank member services registration form;
- request a personalised quote;
- log in to the member area;
- complete the "chat now" webchat request form;
- complete the online membership application form to join Frank;
- complete an email query form;
- complete an online booking;
- register or subscribe for, or contribute content to, any other services available through the website from time to time; or
- interact with our mobile app
Use of our websites and digital platforms
(a) Mailing lists
If you request not to receive marketing material, please note that we will still contact you in relation to our on-going relationship with you. For example, we will still send you bills, statements, appointment reminders and notices that are relevant to the products and services you hold with us.
If you request not to receive marketing material, and you have not entered into an on-going relationship with us, your personal information excluding your email address will be deleted. Your email address will be retained for a maximum of 90 days for the purpose of ensuring you do not receive any marketing material. This would apply, for example, if you have completed a health insurance quote or entered a competition with us.
A "cookie" is a file sent by a web server to your internet browser and stored on your device. It contains data that websites and apps use to identify you as a unique, but anonymous user.
We will not disclose the contents of any cookie to any third party, except that we may disclose such information to any service providers we engage to assist us to establish and operate our online services.
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your browser to reject cookies, or to notify you when they are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. However, rejecting cookies can limit the functionality of the website.
(c) General information about use
We use a third-party service to collect general information about the use of our digital platforms. This anonymous information is aggregated and will not disclose personally identifiable information about any user of our digital channels.
(d) Other websites
Our digital platforms may contain links to other websites on the internet that are not associated with or controlled by us. We do not have any responsibility for the policies of these sites so you will need to review these sites directly to ascertain their privacy practices.
Security of your information
We may store personal information we hold in hard copy documents or as electronic data in our software IT systems (and those of our service providers). We endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect all personal and sensitive information including health information that we hold from misuse and loss and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The methods we use to ensure your information is secure include:
- Verification procedures to identify an individual before access is allowed for personal information,
- Confidentiality obligations/agreements with all employees, agents, brokers and sub-contractors,
- The use of data encryption, firewalls and other security systems for our IT platforms, and,
- Document storage security policies.
To whom we disclose your personal information
Frank will not disclose your personal details for any purpose that is not related to your relationship with us.
Frank may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with law, including the Private Health Insurance Act 2007 (Cth) and the National Health Act 1953 (Cth).
If you are not the policy holder of your health insurance membership, Frank may also disclose your personal information to the policy holder as part of administering the membership and paying benefits. This may include the disclosure of sensitive information including health information about benefits claimed by you under your membership in the form of quarterly and annual benefit statements.
Our website and digital services provide access to the online member area and the mobile app which may allow you to access certain information and claims submitted to Frank, including claim limits for you, or any authorising member and to the extent you are the policyholder or authorised by the policyholder to do so, your Dependants. Access is also provided to online booking systems and webchat functionality.
We may also disclose personal information to parties involved in a prospective or actual transfer of our assets or business.
We may also keep records of any emails or other correspondence that you send via our digital platforms.
We may collect your personal information directly from you or from third parties such as from the policy holder of your membership.
If you do not provide us with the personal information requested of you, we may be unable to respond to your request or provide you with the relevant service (except in cases where the provision of that information is optional).
We will use the personal information provided to us through this digital platform for the purposes for which it was provided (for example, to respond to your request or process your application for health insurance). We may also use your personal information for any other purposes explained at the time of collection or that are required or authorised by or under applicable law (including, without limitation, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)).
If you use our website digital services, or otherwise enquire about our products and services via this digital channel, we may use your personal information to contact you for the purposes of providing you with further information about our products and services and to follow up whether you have an interest in acquiring products or services from us. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to be contacted for these purposes. Your permission will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
In addition, if you are a member of Frank Health Insurance, we will use your personal information to provide you with private health insurance cover, including to:
- manage our ongoing relationship with you
- process and audit claims
- develop or recommend products and services
- resolve any legal and/or commercial complaints or issues
- assess your suitability for, and provide you with information about, other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
If you do not want to receive information about these products or services, please let us know. Your permission will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
- Not to use any material on our digital platforms for a commercial purpose, or copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, link to, frame, adapt, alter, vary or modify any material on these digital platforms except as expressly authorised by these terms or with the written consent of Frank but if you are an internet service provider, you may supply materials on our digital platforms to your subscriber.
- Not to use our digital platforms for any illegal activity or in a way which defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends any person, or inhibits or restricts the use of our digital platform by any other person.
- Not to make any false statement request or claim to Frank.
- Not to use another person's name, username or password to access the website or receive services offered by Frank.
- Not to knowingly transmit any virus or disruptive or disabling feature to Frank.
- Not to permit any other person to do any of the things which you agree not to do.
- To destroy any copies, electronic and printed, or any material obtained from this website that you have in your possession or control or otherwise return or dispose of such material as directed by Frank, if at any time Frank terminates this licence.
- To indemnify and keep indemnified Frank against all liabilities, damages, claims, losses, costs and expenses which Frank may incur to you or any other person as a result of your breach of the provisions of these terms.
Frank does not warrant that the material on this website is accurate, complete or up to date. Frank does not warrant that this digital platform or any third-party platform will be uninterrupted or without error or defect or virus or other harmful component or that any error, defect or virus or other harmful component will be corrected. Frank has no obligation to provide access to our digital platform at any time or at all. Frank may vary, amend, alter, or withdraw our digital platforms at any time. Frank may at any time, and without notice, limit or terminate access of a user to this digital platform
You agree that Frank is not responsible or liable for:
- any error or omission relating to the material contained on digital platforms, or
- you acting upon or relying on the material on our digital platforms, or
- any delay or interruption to your access to our digital platforms, or
- damage to computer or device hardware or software or loss of information stored on a device arising out of your access to our digital platforms or any third-party site by a link from our digital platforms.
Intellectual property rights
Copyright in the material on this website is owned or controlled by Frank. "Frank" and the Frank mark or logo and any associated trademarks are the property of Frank.
Changes to these terms
Links to third party sites are provided for convenience only and do not imply any association with, endorsement, or approval of the third party site, or the contents of the third party site, or the people who operate the third party site. Any access to or use of a third party site is at your discretion and at your own risk.
Jurisdiction and geographic limits
- Frank means GMHBA Limited (ABN 98 004 417 092) and all or any of its related bodies corporate within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2000 (Commonwealth) and includes its officers, employees, and agents.
- Link means any mechanism for providing a link or transfer from one location on the Internet (or a web page) to another location on the Internet (or a different web page or a different location on the same web page), and includes any mechanism for linking to, or providing access to, files via the Internet.
- Material refers to any word, statement, photograph, graphic or any other thing appearing on or located on the website.
- Member means a member of or contributor to a fund conducted by Frank.
- Third Party Site means any website owned or controlled by any person or company other than Frank.
- We, us, our (or any variation thereof) means or is a reference to Frank.
- Our digital platforms include but are not limited to frankhealthinsurance.com.au or any variation of this domain name or any web page or material which can be accessed through frankhealthinsurance.com.au which is owned or controlled by Frank, the Frank member area and the Frank mobile app
- User, you or your (or any variation thereof) means or is a reference to a user of our digital platforms.