Frank Hospital Rewards
As a result of the improved medical benefits that are now available to Frank members under the Access Gap Cover scheme, the Frank Rewards program is now closed.
While members won’t earn any further rewards after 30 April 2022, you will have until 30 April 2024 to use your final balance. Rewards can’t be redeemed after this date.
How to use your remaining Frank Rewards to minimise out of pockets
It’s automatic. If a doctor charges more than Frank covers, and you have an out of pocket expense, we’ll pay you a refund straight into your account within 60-90 days of your hospital admission.
Services accessed before 30 April 2024 will still be paid automatically, even if your claim is processed after this date. Claims processed by Frank will be paid via direct credit into your nominated bank account.
There is no cap on how much of your balance is used in a single transaction. For example, if your Frank Hospital Rewards balance is $400 and your out of pocket costs for a hospital episode are $500, your entire Frank Hospital Rewards balance would be used and your out of pocket costs would reduce to $100.
How Frank Rewards worked
The below table details the Frank Rewards dollars earned based on members’ tenure and level of hospital cover. Once your Frank Hospital Rewards balance reached the rewards cap, you stopped accruing dollars until some of the balance is used.
|Single Reward Dollars per year|
(capped at $500)
|Couple / Family / Single Parent Family Reward Dollars per year|
(capped at $1000)
|Max Hospital 750||$75||$150|
|Basic Hospital Plus||$40||$80|
How to check your Frank Rewards balance
You can contact the Frank team to check your latest balance. We will continue to keep you informed of your balance via email and remind you that the final date to use your balance is 30 April 2024.
Frank Rewards closure
Frequently asked questions
No. Frank Hospital Rewards can only be used for out of pocket expenses for your inpatient medical claims (that is, Doctors billed). It cannot be used for anything else, including your excess.
- At Frank, every decision is made with our members in mind. We regularly review our products and programs to ensure they are providing maximum value for our members.
- Following a recent review, it was determined that the introduction of the AHSA Access Gap Cover scheme would enable us to deliver more value to members through improved medical benefits.
- Access Gap Cover will ensure more certainty around members’ out of pocket experiences for hospital treatment.
- We will continue to invest in programs and partnerships that provide high value and decrease out of pockets across the board, for the benefit of all members.
- Inpatient medical gap claims will automatically be paid from your Frank Rewards balances 60-90 days after a hospital admission.
- Services accessed before 30 April 2024 will still be paid automatically, even if your claim is processed after this date.
- Claims processed by Frank will be paid via direct credit into your nominated bank account.
- Frank Rewards dollars are received based on your specific health insurance product and the amounts are credited on your Frank Rewards anniversary date.
- From 1 May 2021, you will receive a proportion of your normal Frank Rewards dollars, depending on the time between your anniversary date and final date to earn rewards on 30 April 2022.
- For example, if your anniversary date is six months prior to 30 April 2022, you will receive 50 per cent of your normal rewards. This amount will be added to any existing balance on your next Frank Rewards anniversary date, and this total becomes your final balance.