Looking after your health
Recently, many people have considered delaying timely healthcare – ignoring signs and symptoms rather than being proactive about their health.
Seeing your physio, going to the dentist or visiting an optometrist may all be genuine reasons to leave your home, depending on where you live and the current Department of Health and Human Services restrictions. Looking after both your physical and mental health has never been more important.
What you can do to stay COVID safe when visiting a provider
Practices are doing their best to maintain hygiene, but there are also a few things you can do to help.
- Don’t attend your appointment if you’re unwell or COVID positive.
- Answer honestly when asked about;
- any COVID symptoms
- contact with other COVID positive or suspect cases
- your postcode
- recent travel
- Wear a mask (unless exempt) and use hand sanitiser.
- Follow any check in procedures. For example, you might be asked to call the practice when you arrive and wait for your appointment in your car or outside the building.
- Let staff check your temperature if requested.
- Consider having a telehealth appointment.
Have your needs changed?
If it’s been a while since you checked your cover, you can log into the Frank member area to view your annual limits or check your fact sheet to make sure you’re covered for what you need. If it’s time to make changes to your cover, contact Frank for a review.