Cheap dental insurance coverage options

What are the cheap health insurance dental coverage options available?

Before signing up for any kind of dental insurance, you should always check if you’re also covered for major dental procedures. Some of the most basic and cheap health insurance policies may only offer coverage for general dental work like cleanings and small fillings, which is great for preventing further problems down the road. But there’s no way to predict when you or any one of your family members are going to need more frequent treatments or more expensive major dental work like root canals or braces. If you’re not properly insured, you could be left with a bill worth a few thousand dollars – the reason it is so important to make sure you have the correct dental insurance for you.

* The price shown is per week and applies to a {LIFESTAGE} living in VIC with a $500 excess. It excludes LHC loading and includes a Base Tier Government Rebate

 Frank’s most affordable cover: Some Extras, can be used for both general and major dental work. And not only that, this value-laden policy also provides benefits for other healthcare needs not covered by Medicare or hospital cover such as optical, physio, chiropractic, homeopathy, acupuncture and remedial massage treatments. At Frank Health Insurance we offer cheap health insurance policies without breaking your budget.

 Important factors to consider when looking at Dental Insurance

 Signing up for the cheapest extras cover with full dental insurance coverage may seem like a no-brainer. Keep in mind, however, that Some Extras has an annual limit of $500 per person or up to $1,000 per policy for families and couples. It is important to always assess your current or new health insurance coverage as life circumstances are always changing.

 If you foresee you or any of your loved ones needing more than just a few routine check-ups in the very near future, you may be better off with Frank’s Lots Extras cover which offers four times the annual limit when compared to Some Extras. The larger annual limit on benefit payouts gives more leeway when you need it but still is a cheap health insurance plan option.

 You’ll also be entitled to higher annual limits on optical, physio, chiropractic and homeopathy treatments. In addition to the higher annual limits of Lots Extras, you’ll be covered for a wider variety of treatments such as podiatry and psychology sessions, travel vaccinations and antenatal/postnatal classes. Making sure you understand your health insurance coverage and what it includes.

 How extras cover works

Once you’ve determined what type of extras cover fits your needs the best, you can choose either a 50% or 80% benefit. Extras cover with a 50% benefit means that Frank will split the bill with you right down the middle. With an 80% benefit, Frank gives you back 80% leaving you out of pocket for only 20% of what your treatment costs.

 Getting your refunds is also extremely easy with Frank. If the clinic you go to has a HICAPS or CSC Healthpoint terminal, you can simply swipe your Frank card and file a claim on the spot. You can also file claims online by logging in to the Member’s Area on our home page.

 When it comes to picking which dentists and extras providers you can see, Frank gives you complete freedom to choose whoever you are comfortable with. You won’t have to limit yourself to a list of approved partners and clinics like how some other health funds may ask you to. You just need to make sure that the treatment is covered by your extras policy and that your healthcare professional is registered with the appropriate board in their field.

 If you have any questions about our cheap health insurance policies, Frank is always ready to talk. Simply get in contact with Frank via chat, send an email or give Frank a call. Make sure your health insurance coverage is right for you!

Get 1 month free + skip 2 & 6 month waits on extras* when you join on combined cover by March 31.

*For new members (if you have been a Frank Health Insurance member in the last 12 months, sorry you don’t qualify). Must pay first month to receive second month free. 12 month waits, annual and sub limits apply. Offer ends 31 March, 2018.